Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The world is small!

The world is small!

I’ve been a talkative kid right from my childhood..infact my mum says I started talking very clearly when I was 9 mnth old..:)Today as I sat in the office and saw the comments on my 1st Blog; somehow I got inspired to write more..Once when I was in 8th Std{(1996} I had been to the Post office to do Registered post, with my younger sis Chots (Ms Shrini Shukla) sitting on the back of my bicycle seat. Because of my talkative nature my mum always used to advise me whenever we both moved out ..this time also the same thing happened: “Anjaan logo se baat mat karna”,”Chupchap apna kaam karna aur aa jaana”, “Kisiko apne ghar ka address mat batana”etc..etc
When we were standing in the queue, me and my sis started arguing for small small things..(Letme tell you @ that time we were in Rajkot, a city where Hindi was not a language of conversation...even if you are Hindi speaking , you got to interact with the Gujarati people in Gujarati; therefore somehow all Hindi speaking people used to get happy when they heard anyone else speaking Hindi)

Seeing us speaking Hindi a lady aged between 20-25 yrs came to us and asked us: “Aap log Hindi bolte ho?” and we had a small chitchat. During this she told us that she had also come for a Registry and just because she was happy with us speaking Hindi, she asked us to come to her place.

Hold...that’s not what is surprising...what’s surprising is. . . I agreed to go with her
(inspite of my sis reminding me “Di mum told us not to do so”...and I was like,Chalta hai...acchi dikhti hai aunty.
And we went to her place..Her flat was in a colony just on our way, a bit in a secluded place...and when she opened the door..it seemed like an extremely old.. horror show type ka ghar...the worst part was the door creaked very badly while opening . Inspite of being Afternoon hours, it was near to pitch dark inside.
I was shocked and didn’t know how to react {After this somehow that aunty also started appearing like some Suspicious character to me}.
She very decently offered us water..Chots didn’t drink it; I somehow gulped it down my throat..and told her “Its late, you know we need to go”
While seeing us off She told us.."Beta, Apne Papa Mummy ko leke zaroor aana" but I was so damn terrified that without even looking back I nodded in affirmation and came back home...
I still remember the fast pace of my heartbeats when I was cycling back home..

After coming back..Mum didn’t ask us much  all the more better for us.

               After that day, I very often used to pass by that building (in which that aunty lived) because it was on my way to my tution classes and stationary shops..although I never ever dared to go back to that flat of hers...but the thought of that lady always kept lingering in my mind.

End of part One of the story  For part Two keep waiting..

2 comments:

  1. nidhi. I like the way you build up suspense. The way you keep us hooked with small details. Even the grammatical errors are actually refreshing and authentic. I want you to steer clear of "literariness" for example in titles like carpe diem. These have all become over used and therefore cliched whereas your writing and tone is fresh and original.
    You wanted criticism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wuhooo
    achi dikhti hai aunty!!!!
    ;)
    you write well di
    :)
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you..Drop in a comment here or mail me at dietician.nidhipandey@gmail.com