Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

When God Answers your Small Small Prayers- Incident No -2

Hey thr!

(Courtesy for reminding this incident goes to Anand Agnihotri)
After completion of my Graduation final exams in the month of April-May me and 3 friends of mine
Shikha, Dutta and Manju started planning and preparing for our Entrance exams for MHsc.

Our first visit to was to City of Dreams - Mumbai, was in May 2003 to fill the forms for entrance-exams at Nirmala Niketan and SNDT Juhu, along with 2 elder brothers coz our parents felt we were not old enough to travel to a city like Mumbai(we stayed in Surat which is 5 hours from Mumbai)...that too without any elders..And now I feel following it was such a nice decision :)

Bhai log dropped us to Nirmala Niketan and since they had some work we were supposed to go to SNDT (Juhu) on our own and get back to Mumbai Central as soon as the work got finished!

Like obedient kids after completion of filling of forms, we returned back to Mumbai Central station almost 2 hours before the departure of our train. We thought of getting some good snacks which according to our Elder Brothers would be available only outside the station.
So we moved out.
We were walking on a pavement and had to cross the road to find some good eatery.

I am usually very keen on reading traffic signs or other sign like
"Sharp turn - Go Slow"  "No Parking"  "One-way"   "U-turn"  "School ahead"  "Silence zone"  "Speed limit"
And
I read this one too - (Non-followers would be fined)

So, when we were about to cross the road I read this signboard -  "Heavy traffic, Use subway" and among all 6 of us I was the one who kept insisting - Lets walk a little more and cross the road using the sub-way but everyone else was like determined - Not to walk any further and just cross the road..

So I gave in but made sure that I would be in the middle of the line (because I was very scared of getting caught since we were doing something Not As Per The Law...)

I saw the traffic policeman duly performing his duty inspite of the traffic signals performing correctly..
( I often feel bad for them since they perform such a Thankless job and that too at times in real harsh weathers! )

We were crossing the road and I had barely crossed the traffic policeman...When He Blew His Whistle...

THAT WAS IT ... 
I SPRANG TO MY FEET AND STARTED RUNNING AT FULL SPEED IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION LIKE CRAZY ...
THINKING THAT ..
The Policeman was coming to catch me and he would put me behind the bars (and that made me so damn scared).. I started praying Oh God please save me..Oh God please save me
and in this entire process .. I was running like crazy 
And then someone caught hold of my backpack shouting "Stop ..Stop"

My eyes were closed and I was babbling "No....No... Please don't catch me.. Please leave me..Please leave me..I'll pay the fine..Please let me go"

Words would never be enough to describe the amount of fear that I had in me at that time...and then suddenly I heard Dutta's voice.."Nidhi Shu thayu?" oh thats Gujarati.. It means "Nidhi what happened ?"

And I was totally confused for few seconds..

And then the other 4 of us came and started laughing..

It was then I realised that the Traffic policeman had blown the whistle as a part of his routine - activity of handling the traffic 
which I thought was because I had broken the law.. aah but ultimately God had answered my prayer! ! :)

Everyone of us had a hearty laugh after that...

Even today while remembering this incident I am getting goosebumps.. :)

Thats all!

Continue sorrindo (Keep Smiling)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you..Drop in a comment here or mail me at dietician.nidhipandey@gmail.com