Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A small gesture of courtesy

Courtesy is a word which automatically brings a faint smile on our faces, the moment we see someone passing on that gesture to us.
And since it has become a gesture very rare these days.... 
I couldn't help sharing a few lines about it.

I have recently started my channel on youtube "Mydietchart"
Today there was a meet of all Youtubers in Bhopal city at Motel Shiraz.
The meeting was fantastic.. quite a learning experience in itself and it was full of surprises as I did not know that people in Bhopal were also having more than 50,000 subscribers and near to 1 million page views!

I always become happy on seeing small acts of display of good manners or basic etiquettes.. and today there were 2 such incidents that caught my attention..

I was accompanied by my son to the meet.. which is almost always the case :) thanks to Bhopal city for being so accomodative about it!

First incidence 
For the initial 1 hour of the meet my son was conveniently sleeping in my lap. During this time the CEO of DB Digital Mr. Gyan Gupta was giving his inputs on a new Digital platform that they are going to develop.. In the meantime I was getting a little uncomfortable and was shifting from one position to the other to help my son sleep well and also so as to not let any part of my body go numb because of the confined posture and parallely lend an attentive ear to the important discussion going on.

The gentleman observed this, stopped in the middle of his talk, and asked his team "Madam ko ek aur chair lake de do" - the sentence though very small carried a huge weightage.. atleast for me! His team did it within a fraction of a second.
While you are engrossed in your speech about a new product that your company is going to launch.. and during all this if you are able to observe a female getting slightly uncomfortable in handling her child and give the requisite instructions.. its not an easy thing to do!
I was super impressed by this gesture, rather his entire upbringing.. these are the traits of a true gentleman! And of course the family would get the credit for that!

Second one happened when my son got up. Once awake he started to nag me to take him out of the room..firstly because he was hungry and secondly because he is not comfortable sitting at one place for a long time (a typical behaviour exhibited by a 7 year old). I tried to pacify him by telling him he would get some good snacks.. and just then the plates of snacks started making rounds in the hall. 
It was our hard luck that we were placed in such a way that none of the waiters had an easy access to our chair. And my son was getting impatient .. so much so that he actually started looking at all the waiters very anxiously.. (I was getting embarrased ) and just then a waiter who was in the next end of the line behind us.. saw my son and his anxious eyes.. which were almost screaming "Uncle yaha leke aa jaiye pehle please!"

The moment he saw my son he came with the tray to our table and asked my son to pick a plate .. and the look that he had on his face was thoroughly positive and full of happiness!
He must be in his early fifties .. and the happiness of being able to serve a child just when he wanted it.. was clearly evident on his face.. This is true hospitality.
Again a true trait of a gentleman and a good upbringing for sure! And who else but the family to get accolades for that.

Small small incidents in life teach us so much.. 

In rare cases I forget to do so..but today while taking out my vehicle from the parking lot of the venue, I made sure that I responded with a big smile and reciprocated the 'Thankyou' in a slightly better way than what the security guard said to me !

Finding good things is so easy but following them is tough indeed! But once you do it.. your heart swells up with joy!
So today was in total a good day :)

Hranite pozitivno! (Slovenian)
Keep Spreading Positivity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you..Drop in a comment here or mail me at dietician.nidhipandey@gmail.com