Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Orkut v/s Facebook Part 1

Just a couple of days back I happened to ask Raghav( my husband) that Why have we suddenly started using Facebook? rather I was curious about the fact that we both did not use Orkut AT ALL!


I have this special attachment with Orkut, let me give you the reasons..
Okay!
1) Orkut was introduced to me way back in November 2005 by Padmini - my roomie-very good friend-a good Human Being because she actually works for an NGO rather than just supporting 'Causes' on Facebook, I apologise to whosoever thinks that am being rude...trust me M not) 

When she sent me the invite, I almost immediatly made my account on Orkut..Why..well because I was on of those net surfers who used to have email id on almost every site that gave you the email facility, So I guess it was instinctive.. 

Well my first reaction on opening orkut was ...

God How complicated!??!?!?!?


How do I send a mail..?


I went to Paddy's account , saw scraps written over there..but somehow couldn't get ..how to do it..
So I came back to my account and wrote a scrap to Paddy..
(I still remember when I had first used the email facility and sent an email to my friend..I wrote my  email id @ THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ...he he )

Orkut was even less interesting because none of my current friends were using Orkut @ that time


2) Then one day I happened to talk to my sweetest lil bro AGNI(I call him Anshu) and we happened to discuss about Orkut, I told what I felt about Orkut, it was then he told me "Didi..kya baat kar rahe ho yaar..it is the latest fever..The dictionary has a new word - 'Orkutting' , seekho seekho...mast hai" and I was like okay! 

Slowly and gradually I started knowing more about Orkut..I started searching my school friends ..and I found quite a few of them there..and thus Orkut became a bit more interesting..

Guess ..I shall discuss the rest in the next part..till then 
Fair attendre



1 comment:

  1. very interesting read Nidhi.....I enjoyed it . And sorry for not visiting this blog before :(..but will be reading this one also regularly :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you..Drop in a comment here or mail me at dietician.nidhipandey@gmail.com