Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Goosebumps


It was my first experience of travelling in a flight!
Though it was an economy class but the thought of travelling in a flight itself was awesome! And that precisely was the reason I was so looking forward to it...

We entered the flight, made ourselves comfortable and voila - The flight took off!
Was it scary.. Hell YES!!! It was scary. 
As it is I am scared of heights and those few seconds when the plane is at 45 degrees was good enough to give me goosebumps..and I recited the Hanuman Chalisa almost 4 times..

The flight took off from Mumbai airport.. 
Oh the beautiful skyline! and the amazing sea...
I had already started dreaming about ... how nice it would have been if I would have been a bird... I could fly above the clouds.. or maybe beneath them or just between them...

The flight attendants started announcing about the Lunch packets to be distributed.. It did get registered somewhere in the back of my mind but
I was so caught up with the window view that I barely paid attention to the Lunch announcements..
And suddenly I realised someone was calling me..
I looked to my left and I became speechless...

Hrithik Roshan's movie "Kaho na pyar hai" had just released..
and this guy the flight steward, who was calling me 
was almost his replica! 
No actually he was a perfect mix of Milind Soman and Hrithik Roshan! 
( If you have been a person who had their teenage during 90's you can get it and you can get it even more if you are a female! )

Gosh... I can't explain it in words..what exactly was I feeling...goosebumps.. hypnotised.. God knows what had happened to me!

Was I seeing this in reality..and then I got reminded ..
he was asking me "Mam, what would be your preference for Lunch? /vegetarian or Non-vegetarian?"

"Vegetarian" - I mumbled, my voice was not even clear to my own ears! Thankgod he understood it (maybe they are experts at lip reading) gave me a very courteous smile, handed me my lunch packet and left!

I felt so happy..... I was like Yayy.. if all flight trips are like this! I definitely want to be a regular traveller !!

And then I saw my mother giving me this I know whats going on expression and then asked me  
"Kya hua, kyu smile kar rahi ho itna..aur tumko sunai kyu nahi de raha tha, us bechare ne 5 baar pucha.. tab tumne jawab diya!?"

I just smiled.. took a deep breath and said 
"Bahut accha lag raha hai sab kuch Mamma...
aur hum kuch soch rahe.. vaise khana accha hai naa...!!"


What reminded me of this.. well Milind Soman has just put up his 1991 modeling days picture on instagram.. and this pic again gave me lmost the same goosebumps..

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you..Drop in a comment here or mail me at dietician.nidhipandey@gmail.com