Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

The wait at the traffic signal and the scornful looks

The wait at the traffic signal almost always seems eternal.. even its just for a few seconds! And I conveniently assume that this holds true for everyone..

And all this bad feeling comes for waiting just for a few seconds -  which we usually waste while scrolling through our smartphones, while chit chatting with friends, while roaming around, while surfing things on the internet on laptop or tablets, while sitting in front of the television and so on!

But why do we never feel happy that 'Okay, Today I waited at the signal, and boy..it was good for my life, I am ALIVE!'

Today I was waiting at a traffic signal, the red light had just started and it was showing 56 seconds when I stopped my vehicle.
A sedan on the left handside of my vehicle, kept honking the horn BADLY...infact very badly it was a constant honking without a break.. I looked through my windscreen to see if the signal indicated giving freeway to people on the left.. to my sheer disappointment , it did not show that!

Then I wondered if there was an ambulance behind the gentleman.. due to which he was getting so edgy.. again I was disappointed.

Still I thought, maybe the person has some real serious issue.. which is why he is honking the horn since past 30 seconds.. now the seconds count was 26.. I somehow managed to squeeze my vehicle slightly to the right and the Sedan Owner got a way.. 

Now comes the biggest disappointment - He instead of being thankful, was giving me this ultra indecent scornful look with his big eyes. Okay I am not a Women empowerment activist.. but basic courtesy is something that I feel if followed can make everyone look decent ..even if they basically aren't!

Anyways let me come to the point.. 
So the gentleman could conveniently move ahead of me 
1) Overtaking me from the LEFT handside
2) Crossing a Red light after honking a horn constantly for 30 seconds..
3) Not wearing a SEAT BELT
4) Giving a disrespectful look to a lady 

And the reason of the look was perhaps.. as what I could make out was

"Dumb female, she herself is waiting at the RED LIGHT, and expects important VIP people like us to wait !! And understands that I need to go, only after constant honking of the horn.. Illiterate female!"

Who should ideally be giving that look.. ME!
Yes I should have looked at him scornfully and perhaps used some ultra decent address too.. Right?
But then I thought..a person who gives a damn to his own life.. should not be looked at with hatred, but with PITY..!

If I see someone crossing the signal, not wearing a seat-belt or not wearing a helmet.. I never worry Why the Police isn't out there checking them and penalising them? 
Instead I feel pity for the parents or the family that is behind them.. probably the people who take traffic rules for granted take 3 other things also for granted 
1) Their own life 
2) Their family's life after they go
3) The life of other people NOT RELATED TO THEM, by driving recklessly.. If you don't care for yourself or your family..its completely fine... 
But please care for the Mankind.. and also the Womankind!!

So here's to the thorough Gentleman I gave a way today....
I pity you and your family. God bless you!

(If you are reading this post and if this is somehow related to how you behave on the roads, boss you are being pitied at!

CURAE!

1 comment:

  1. So very true dear... I always find such people.. though v don't have traffic lights in Jharsuguda... I often see some people trying to over take every one on the road n irritating every one by honking of horn,n yeah with no seat belt worn or helmet on...what to say ... Just recounting a tag line from a TV ad...
    "The street is filled with idiots"

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you..Drop in a comment here or mail me at dietician.nidhipandey@gmail.com