Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A visit to CSIR AMPRI Bhopal

Hailing from the family of Government officials in different departments , one thing is what you understand , government does work and the area of work is huge.. the normal public may not be able to vision the scale at which government organisations work!
This is also a reason I am always interested in places like Museums, Science Centres and many such government funded places.. Since past 8 years whenever I used to pass through the AMPRI (Advanced Material and Processes Research Institute) Main gate, I always used to wonder what work must be going on inside!

As luck would have had it, I came in contact with a gentleman Mr. Vijay Nathiley, working in AMPRI, courtesy my posts on social media, and he informed me about the CSIR Open day when the institute is open for the general public to come and visit the centre.

I reached the auditorium just when the meeting of the officials and the celebrations in the auditorium was about to end, which meant I was on time to start my visit to the machine areas. I also met quite a few dignitaries in the meantime, one name that I remember is Mr. Suyash Dwivedi who handles Wikipedia India.

Then my visit started, a few scientists also discussed about various technologies that CSIR is involved in a) Management of Solid waste b) Management of Ocean waste and the waste that is disposed in the oceans etc. What I could conclude is there is a lot of research work going on, related to lot many topics, maybe its the lack of funding thay the reaearch doesn't happen the way it happens in foreign countries. Secondly maybe the institutions and the government in particular, need a stronger marketing department to make people aware of the innovations and make them saleable! 

Attached are a few photographs of my visit... Couldn't take much pics because was busy trying to understand it.. especially since its not my field of work!



                                       Plant from which Sisal Fibre is derived. we often see this plant in jungles and places where there is abundance of greenery. I could never imagine this simple plant could prove to be so useful!

                Products made of Sisal Fibre

Products made from Sisal Fibre. This fibre is easily dyeable, is smooth and has a good tensile strength!

This table top looks similar to plywood but is actually made of FLY ASH+ fibres made of Banana and Jute. Fly ash is a huge industrial waste which if combined with some fibres to make such useful utility products ..is really good.. thanks to such researches, we are able to manage our industrial wastes effectively. There were products like Tiles made from Marble ash too.. but I forgot to take pics of the same.


This is Devansh (son of Mr. Vijay Nathiley Ji) who was with me during machine visits. It was real nice to be in the company of a child who aspires to be an Astronaut in future. Wishing all the very best to Devansh and I so wish, all schools to take their students to such places to make them aware of the possibilities of work in all areas even using waste and also help them find out if they themselves would be interested in such kind of researches! After all we do need effective and efficient waste management methods and we need them at cost effective rates too!

Lets empower educate and give varied opportunities to our gen next!





2 comments:

Would love to hear from you..Drop in a comment here or mail me at dietician.nidhipandey@gmail.com